Hello, it’s day TWELVE!! Can you believe it?? I can’t! Time is just whizzing by like crazy!
I didn’t sleep all that great last night. I honestly think it was because I wrote a LOT yesterday to meet deadlines and I just overworked my brain. I couldn’t shut it off last night!! That’s a good thing and a bad thing all wrapped in one when you’re a writer/blogger. 😉
I’m feeling okay today, though!
As soon as I got up this morning, I headed straight for my tea kettle. I heated some water and poured it over my half of a lemon to make my usual lemon water. Half an hour after that, I had my breakfast juice…
Since I didn’t sleep all that great, I was feeling just a little lazy so instead of being creative and making a fresh juice, I drank a cup of my defrosted pineapple-strawberry juice.
(In my Amazing Grass shaker cup–LOVE this thing!!!!)
Lunch + Dinner
My plan for making my lunch juice was to double the ingredients so I’d end up with enough juice for lunch and dinner later. I’m going to an early July 4th celebration tonight so I didn’t want to be messing with produce, the juicer, and cleaning up later this afternoon.
I ALMOST forgot to take a photo of my ingredients! Some of them had already gone into the juicer. LOL There was a big pile of sprouts on top and I grabbed a handful of stuff to juice, messing that up. Also, one beet is missing from the photo and some spinach. What? I wanted my lunch! 😉
All piled onto a plate (so you can’t see it all):
3 small beets
2 stalks celery
big handful parsley
2 big handfuls spinach leaves
4 kale leaves
nob ginger (about an inch)
2 small-ish apples
chunk of Amish-grown cabbage (shown here)
+ about 2 ounces of Alfalfa sprouts on top!
Raw Colors are Beautiful!!
A lot of folks who juice fast either freeze their juices or make up a little ahead of time (especially if you’re working outside the home) and fill jars up to the very top with the juice and then put the lids on tight. You may lose a little of the nutrients, but it’s waaaaaaaaaaayyy better than storebought juices that are filled with preservatives.
I didn’t dilute the juice that went into my Amazing Grass shaker cup but I did dilute the juice that went into those two glass jars: 50% juice/50% water.
Amazing Grass Green Superfood Powder
(Just click the photo below to check out this AMAZING superfood!! )
Ready to Shake!
Amazing Grass All Shook Up!
This juice was so sweet and tasty I didn’t even taste the green Amazing Grass powder!! I sure felt the energy it gave me, though. These Amazing Grass powders are rockin’ my world–especially the wheat grass!! Since it was juice, though, once I got near the bottom of the cup, there was some grainy action goin’ on. That was because I didn’t shake it well enough. It doesn’t bother me. I love to taste health!! I haven’t had the chance to try this powder in a smoothie yet (’cause I’m juice fasting) but I don’t think you’d notice the powder at all in a smoothie.
I’ll probably drink both of those extra juices before the end of the day. I also always, always drink plenty of water and herbal tea.
I just can’t believe tomorrow is day 13 already! It’s craziness. Today was another great day… Yay!!!
Just tuning in? Catch up:
Until tomorrow… happy juicing!
- Erica over at I Run Because I Can is having a super fantabulous contest for peanut AND almond butter PLUS other yummy stuff!! Check it out!
- Kristin from Iowa Girl Eats is hosting a super duper cool contest for Real Simple magazine and RAWsome Pure Bars!! Hurry and enter!!
- Don’t forget about the Living Tree Community contest! (You’ll win a 16 ounce jar of Coconut Mango Persimmon Butter AND an 8 ounce jar of Raw Almond Butter–both organic!!)
Upcoming Contests Featuring these Fabulous Companies
- 2 books by Nomi Shannon, The Raw Gourmet (These two books have GORGEOUS photos and the recipes are amazing!
- 2 Food Matters DVDs (Haven’t had a chance to watch this one yet, but do check out their site–they have a RAWsome message to share!!)
- Detox 4 Women by Natalia Rose (I read this book last night and it’s awesome; it really helps you understand water retention, etc!)
- Oh Nuts! (raw macadamia nuts and pecans) <— These are seriously delicious nuts–and they’re JUMBO sized!
- E3Live (Green-tasting (which I don’t mind!), but I REALLY notice that it’s making me feel better. It was definitely put to the test through my recent stressful events!)
- and MORE!
You’ll definitely want to stay tuned!
So… be sure to subscribe to Healing with Juices’ Feed for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, juice and smoothie recipes, and juice fasting tips and encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life.