This has been the BEST day!! I slept wonderfully last night. Just fantabulous!!
I don’t have a huge report with photos today because I honestly only had one cup of juice all day long. It wasn’t intentional. It just happened.
I started the day with warm lemon water, like always. And then about an hour later (I just wasn’t craving a juice!) I had the last of my defrosted pinapple-strawberry juice. I added ice and the berry flavored Amazing Grass Green SuperFood powder (just click on the photo below to learn more). It was delicious and really gave me a ton of energy. I’m telling you, people, I’ve always been pretty hesitant about green powders but I’m SOLD on this stuff. I LOVE it! (Thank you Amazing Grass team!!!)
After that morning pineapple-strawberry juice with Amazing Grass powder, I made up a bottle of water with organic apple cider vinegar and headed over to a neighbor’s house. (I was invited over for just a fun day of singing, etc.) I ended up staying longer than I originally intended. I didn’t take any juice with me because I only planned on staying for 2-3 hours and stayed double that.
I didn’t feel weak or tired or anything. I drank plenty of water and herbal tea with lemon and felt great today. We all sang, laughed, (the others ate) and had such a fun time. The weather was beautiful with a breeze and I couldn’t have asked for a better day. It was perfect!!
I do sometimes take 1-3 days during a long juice fast where I only drink water anyways so this pretty much juiceless day is nothing out of the ordinary for me.
But if you’re planning a juice fast and end up deciding to leave the house and there might be a chance you’ll be gone for longer than you intended, take a couple of juices with you (frozen ahead of time, if you wish–they can defrost while you’re out for the day). I could have done that (I have some in the freezer) but I just honestly didn’t expect to stay as long as I did. If I had ended up feeling weak or faint, I’d be concerned but I felt great all day and am extremely happy with how day 13 went!
Just tuning in? Catch up:
Until tomorrow… happy juicing!
- Erica over at I Run Because I Can is having a super fantabulous contest for peanut AND almond butter PLUS other yummy stuff!! Check it out!
- Kristin from Iowa Girl Eats is hosting a super duper cool contest for Real Simple magazine and RAWsome Pure Bars!! Hurry and enter!!
- Don’t forget about the Living Tree Community contest! (You’ll win a 16 ounce jar of Coconut Mango Persimmon Butter AND an 8 ounce jar of Raw Almond Butter–both organic!!)
Upcoming Contests Featuring these Fabulous Companies
- 2 books by Nomi Shannon, The Raw Gourmet (These two books have GORGEOUS photos and the recipes are amazing!
- 2 Food Matters DVDs (Haven’t had a chance to watch this one yet, but do check out their site–they have a RAWsome message to share!!)
- Detox 4 Women by Natalia Rose (I read this book last night and it’s awesome; it really helps you understand water retention, etc!)
- Oh Nuts! (raw macadamia nuts and pecans) <— These are seriously delicious nuts–and they’re JUMBO sized!
- E3Live (Green-tasting (which I don’t mind!), but I REALLY notice that it’s making me feel better. It was definitely put to the test through my recent stressful events!)
- and MORE!
You’ll definitely want to stay tuned!
So… be sure to subscribe to Healing with Juices’ Feed for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, juice and smoothie recipes, and juice fasting tips and encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life.