Day 7 has been another fantabulous day of this 30-day juice fasting journey. How awesome is that?! It’s evidence to me that I was absolutely right about hearing the call–I’m just so glad I took action and start this juice fast right away!
I have felt energetic, focused, and positive. Can’t ask for more than that!
Once again, warm lemon water started my day off in a soothing way! I then had a glass of water with organic apple cider vinegar. For my breakfast juice, I went with strawberry-blueberry juice with an extra oomph ingredient: Navitas Naturals Certified Organic (RAW) Chia Seeds.
The kind folks at Navitas Naturals have graciously sent me this bag to sample. (A review–and CONTEST–for this rawsome product is coming in the near future!! Yay!!!)
All Shook Up!
I was sooooooooo excited yesterday when my neighbor gave me some cucumbers to juice (from his garden). Eeeek!! Mine aren’t ready yet so I was super happy!
My Mom sliced one and shared it with the family.
Cucumbers, dirt and all!
So I ended up with SEVEN for juicing–and this is day SEVEN of the juice fast!! Isn’t that crazy??!! Juicing seven cucumbers on day seven? LOL
I didn’t take photos of the juicing process this time. But I ended up with 40 ounces of juice, which I diluted 50% with water (I normally dilute juices while I’m on longer juice fasts–it seems like it’s easier on my system) and that made 80 ounces of cucumber juice. I drank some right away (in my Amazing Grass cup!) and shared 3 glasses with family and the rest went into the fridge for today and tomorrow.
Cool as a cucumber!
This cucumber juice was soooooooooooooo refreshing on a hot summer day!! LOVED it! (Thank you, neighbor!!!)
I also had my daily shot (aka tablespoon) of E3 Live.
(I’m publishing this post early today.)
For dinner, I think I’ll have one of my brown juices (if you’re just tuning in, it’s only brown because of the beets mixing with the greens). You can rest assured I’ve also got in plenty of water and also had some herbal tea.
That’s it for day 7!
Just tuning in? Catch up:
Until tomorrow… happy juicing!
Don’t forget about the Living Tree Community contest! (You’ll win a 16 ounce jar of Coconut Mango Persimmon Butter AND an 8 ounce jar of Raw Almond Butter–both organic!!)
Upcoming Contests Featuring these Fabulous Companies
- 2 books by Nomi Shannon, The Raw Gourmet (These two books have GORGEOUS photos and the recipes are amazing!
- 2 Food Matters DVDs (Haven’t had a chance to watch this one yet, but do check out their site–they have a RAWsome message to share!!)
- Detox 4 Women by Natalia Rose (I read this book last night and it’s awesome; it really helps you understand water retention, etc!)
- Living Tree Community (Raw almond butter and organic coconut mango persimmon butter!)
- Oh Nuts! (raw macadamia nuts and pecans) <— These are seriously delicious nuts–and they’re JUMBO sized!
- E3Live (Green-tasting (which I don’t mind!), but I REALLY notice that it’s making me feel better. It was definitely put to the test through my recent stressful events!)
- and MORE!
You’ll definitely want to stay tuned!
So… be sure to subscribe to Healing with Juices’ Feed for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, juice and smoothie recipes, and juice fasting tips and encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life.