First, I’d like to remind you about the OTHER contest I currently have running: Food Matters DVD Review + Contest. (Contest ends Thursday, August 27th. There are SIX ways to win!!)
Detox. This one short word is everywhere. We watch TV shows about it, buy books about it, search it online. Toxins are all around us in massive amounts. They’re in the air we breathe, a lot of the foods we eat, our water, our clothes, even bath and body products. What are we to do? How do we detox and get them out of our bodies? Natalia Rose to the rescue! I know her book is titled Detox 4 Women, but she emphasizes that her tips aren’t for women only–men can find success with them, too!
I’d like to take a moment to thank Sharyn Rosenblum (of HarperCollins Publishing Company) and Natalia Rose (www.detoxtheworld.com) for graciously sending a brand-new copy for my review, and Natalia, for sponsoring this contest so one of you could own a copy of her latest book!
Detox 4 Women
What will you find in this detoxifying read?
Natalia has broken Detox 4 Women up in to 5 sections…
Part One: Detox for Women
This is the section where Natalia dives right into the world of detoxing, what it is, why you should detox, and much more. I particularly love a certain part where Natalia shares “A Path to Freedom”–a self-care philosphy for women, she says.
“Women are very good at persevering on sheer willpower–pretending they’re okay and presenting a face to the
world that falsely bespeaks contentment. But when you’re weight down by your body or your inner pain, no matter
how good an actress you are, you are suffering and missing out on the pleasures of a free, happy life.”–Natalia Rose
The above Natalia Rose quote is not only beautiful and true, it’s the foundation she sets this book’s theme upon. Yes, it is about detoxing like the title suggests, but it’s also about learning to love and care for ourselves, take time for ourselves, to learn that our lives–and most importantly, our health–matters.
Part Two: Three Steps to Detox
I won’t give away Natalia’s steps, but I will tell you that I strongly agree with all three of them! I have had quite a bit of personal experience over the past few years of detoxing. I’ve done this through raw foods, water fasts, juice fasts, herbs, colon cleansing, etc., so I do know just a little bit about the detoxing life.
I would like to mention (for you 100% Raw Foodists) that Natalia isn’t on the 100% raw bandwagon. While she definitely feels that raw foods have their place in our diets–and lots of them–she also feels that raw food was meant to be the foundation of our relationship with food, and not the only source.
She has a small section she titles “Raw Confusion”, where she shares her heart on this topic.
“The original intention of the raw food movement was to bring high-water-content plant food back into
the diet because it contained Life Force Energy andenzymes that the standard diet lacked. Raw food’s
origin was rooted in recognizing the value of simple food and it’s potential to clean cells.”–Natalia Rose
Natalia feels strongly that cooked, non-vegan food sources absolutely have their place in our lives.
Part Three: The Detox for Women Program
Here, you’ll find a “Detox for Women” test, toolbox, shopping list, and more. Natalia touches on those all-too-familiar stimulants like alcohol, nicotine, and coffee. She shares a “Day in the Detox Life” in which she starts with the question most of you would have: “Okay, I’m out of bed–now what do I do?” You’ll learn step-by-step exactly what to do. Natalia also includes a 30-day schedule for you to follow, including lifestyle tips.
A day during this 30-day schedule looks something like this:
- Wake up and follow her lifestyle tips
- Mid-morning, drink raw juices (recipes included)
- Sneak in some herbal tea
- Ideas for lunch (recipes included)
- Ideas for snacks (recipes included)
- Mid-afternoon = more lifestyle tips
- Ideas for dinner (recipes included)
- Ready for this? DESSERT! (Yep, she even tells you what to do about the dessert situation!!)
Natalia also emphasizes the importance of hygiene and devotes a page to body brushing.
Part Four: The Recipes
Um, guess what’s in this section?! LOL Yes, all sorts of recipes. (You deserve a reward!)
Have you been wondering about that herb called Stevia? Learn all about it in this section!
Natalia touches on cooked food in this section, too.
Then, she jumps right into the recipes:
- Raw Juices
- Raw and Cooked Vegetarian Entrees
- Sides and Snacks
There’s definitely a lot of variety here. I don’t think you’ll get bored or have too many out-of-your-mind cravings while adhering to her 30-day plan.
Part Five: Detox and Exercise
Here, you’ll learn even more about your health:
- Excuses we make for ourselves
- The importance of oxygen
- and more
I love that Natalia is big on rebounding. It’s one of my favorite exercises (other than my new found love for yoga!)
Natalia also hits on a few health issues we women sometimes find ourselves with:
- Polysystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Menstruation and Menopause
- Bladder Infections
- Thyroid Imbalances
- Body Odor
Do you have brittle hair and nails and/or horrid skin? Ever had an eating disorder? This section addresses those issues as well.
If you’re looking to cleanse your body, improve your health, learn to find time for–and love–yourself, and discover creative, new recipes that will bring healthy additions to your table, this is the book for you!
I also love how throughout the book, there are pages here and there titled “Real Woman”, along with a real woman’s name, age, and location. They each share their stories, struggles with their weight, health trials, and more.
Detox 4 Life is not just a boring book filled with words telling you to cut out junk and take an enema. Natalia shares her heart and passion for life, health, and healing for her fellow women.
Let the Contest Begin!
You’re allowed FOUR FIVESIX entries for this contest:
Note: Please leave a comment for each thing you do (tweet, plurk, etc.) because each comment will be counted as a number when I enter the total number of comments at Random.org once the contest ends. (DO NOT just say “thanks for the contest” or something like that–I do not publish those type of comments because they seem like spam and aren’t fair to the other contestants who leave a thoughtful, genuine answer.) Thanks!
- Visit Natalia Rose’s website (www.detoxtheworld.com)and take a look around. Leave a comment sharing anything that speaks to you and/or why you think you need this book in your life.
- Do you Twitter? Tweet about this contest and then leave a comment with your Twitter name. You can swipe this tweet: RT: @RawJuiceGirl Win Detox 4 Life by Natalia Rose (a $17.00 value) http://bit.ly/qbxLy
- Do you Plurk? Plurk about this contest and leave a comment with your Plurk URL.
- Share this contest on your blog, linking back to this post. (The pingback will be counted as an extra entry.) If you don’t see your pingback, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know. It may have gone to spam for some reason.
- Add Healing with Juices to your favorites on Technoratori. Comment again to let me know, with a link to your technoratori profile to show you added us.
- Are you a Stumbler? Stumble and review any post you want to–just leave the link to your SU review in (its own) comment.
NOTE: REMEMBER TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY SO I’LL KNOW YOU DID THEM.
ANYONE can enter this contest. You DO NOT have to be in the United States. Oh, and I’ll be using Random.org to choose the winner….
Contest ends Friday, August 28th, at 9 p.m. (Central Time) so you have a WHOLE WEEK to get all your entries in. Have fun trying to win!!
Check it out!
Run to the Finish is having a BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY. Run on over and enter!!
Upcoming Contests Featuring these Fabulous Companies
- Oh Nuts! (raw macadamia nuts and pecans) <— These are seriously delicious nuts–and they’re JUMBO sized!
- E3Live (Green-tasting (which I don’t mind!), but I REALLY notice that it’s making me feel better. It was definitely put to the test through my recent stressful events!)
- 2 books (Coconut Water for Health and Healing and Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing by Dr. Bruce Fife
- and MORE!
You’ll definitely want to stay tuned!
So… be sure to subscribe to Healing with Juices’ Feed for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, juice and smoothie recipes, and juice fasting tips and encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life.