“Navitas Naturals is a certified organic, green business headquartered in Marin County, California.”–NavitasNaturals.com
Raw Chia Seeds
A while back, the lovely folks at Navitas Naturals sent me some samples. Now, I’ve blogged about ‘em but somehow a lovely bag of their raw chia seeds got lost amidst the contest chaos. (Oops!) I’ve enjoyed my bag immensely–now it’s time for y’all to win your very own bag! Eeeek!
Raw Chia Seeds from Navitas Naturals are fantabulous! I’ve used them all sorts of ways. I absolutely love ‘em! They’re crunchy, chock-full of nutrition (more on that below), and I love that Navitas Naturals puts ‘em in a resealable bag that’s a breeze to store and reuse–and I’m thrilled that they’re a company focused on business practices that are kind to our environment.
Check out ways I’ve incorporated Navitas Naturals raw chia seeds into my diet….
See ‘em? Look behind the spoon and nut butter. They’re buried under there!
In my dehydrated veggie burgers (full details coming soon!)
I’ve also sprinkled these crunchy chia chompies on various raw salads. They add texture–and nutritional benefits!
As you can probably tell, I’m totally happy with this product.
So… how about we look into some of the nutrition–and other neat–information on raw chia seeds, directly from NavitasNaturals.com…
Aztec Seed of Strength
A long, long time ago – long before the era of terracotta “chia pets” — the chia seed was cultivated and eaten by the ancient Aztecs, Incans, and Mayans and was considered a staple food alongside corn and beans. “Chia” is the Mayan word for “strength”, and though these cultures may not have had the medical research to back up their health claims, chia is enjoying an escalating renaissance by today’s medical community as well as everyday consumers. Also full of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals (especially calcium and iron), chia has much in common with flaxseed, with the distinct advantage that its natural antioxidants make its delicate healthy fats more nutritionally stable. Navitas Naturals offers the wonderful chia seed in its whole organic state as well as in a sprouted powder form.
Source and Processing
This is a single ingredient product that is raw, gluten-free, kosher, vegan, and 100% organic.
Nutrition Information – Seeds
Ingredients: Certified organic chia seeds (Salvia hispanica)
Allergen Information: Packaged in a facility that also handles tree nuts
Chia Seeds in a Bowl
I think it’s very easy to choose Raw Chia Seeds from Navitas Naturals as your go-to source for raw chia seeds–but just in case you’re the kind of person who’d rather sample a product before you invest your hard-earned $$$$ into it, how about we have a contest so one lucky winner can do just that??!! Ready? Fantabulous!
Let the Contest Begin!
You’re allowed FOUR FIVESIX entries for this contest:
Note: Please leave a comment for each thing you do (tweet, plurk, etc.) because each comment will be counted as a number when I enter the total number of comments at Random.org once the contest ends. (DO NOT just say “thanks for the contest” or something like that–I do not publish those type of comments because they seem like spam and aren’t fair to the other contestants who leave a thoughtful, genuine answer.) Thanks!
- Visit NavitasNaturals.com and take a look around. Leave a comment sharing any of their other products you’d like to try–and why, if you’d like to add a reason.
- Do you Twitter? Tweet about this contest and then leave a comment with your Twitter name. You can swipe this tweet: RT @RawJuiceGirl Win @NavitasNaturals’ Certified Organic Raw Chia Seeds – http://tinyurl.com/yznsqt3
- Do you Plurk? Plurk about this contest and leave a comment with your Plurk URL.
- Share this contest on your blog, linking back to this post. (The pingback will be counted as an extra entry.) If you don’t see your pingback, just email me at email@example.com and let me know. It may have gone to spam for some reason.
- Add Healing with Juices to your favorites on Technoratori. Comment again to let me know, with a link to your technoratori profile to show you added us.
- Are you a Stumbler? Stumble and review any post you want to–just leave the link to your SU review in (its own) comment.
NOTE: REMEMBER TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY SO I’LL KNOW YOU DID THEM.
ANYONE can enter this contest. You DO NOT have to be in the United States. Oh, and I’ll be using Random.org to choose the winner….
Contest ends Wednesday, October 7th, at 9 p.m. (Central Time) so you have a WHOLE WEEK to get all your entries in. Have fun trying to win!!
Contest Bonus X 3!
- Run to the Finish is having a Pepper Dog Salsa Giveaway. Run on over and enter!!
- Danica’s Daily is kicking off fall with The Great Pumpkin Giveaway–with THREE different prizes!!
- Leftovers for Lunch has a fantabulous combo giveaway in her A Word From Our Sponsors post!!
And a HUGE Thank You to Navitas Naturals for sponsoring this contest!!!
Want to keep up with Raw Juice Girl’s adventures + more? Subscribe to Healing with Juices’ Feed for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, juice and smoothie recipes, and juice fasting tips and encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life. I’ll also be making a recipe page where you’ll be able to easily locate recipes for raw juices, smoothies, and now dehydrator creations!