Note: For my raw purist readers, this soup isn’t raw. As I’ve mentioned before (numerous times), I’m currently very high raw, but am not 100% raw at this time.
I live for fresh, raw juices and smoothies and veggies and fruit, nuts and seeds – but sometimes a gal just needs a bowl of yummy, herbalicious, flavorful (hot) soup on a cold winter’s day.
Enter: Rainbow Chard + Butter Bean Soup
Rainbow Chard + Butter Bean Soup
- 6 cups water
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cans butter beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- bunch of frozen Rainbow Chard (that was from my garden)
- about 1 - 2 cups of certified organic whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- sprinkle of paprika
- garlic salt to taste (I used Himala Salt Certified Organic brand.)
- freshly ground flax (for sprinkling on top)
- Add the beans, tomatoes, rainbow chard, frozen peas, and cream of celery soup to your pot.
- Pour in 6 cups water (or broth – I didn’t have any).
- Add herbs, onion, garlic (or garlic salt like me).
- Add the coconut oil.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Once the frozen veggies are tender and the soup has really heated up, add the couscous.
- Cover with a lid.
- Simmer for half an hour or so.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground flax and enjoy!
Kale is one of my all-time favorite veggies, so I’m definitely going to make this soup again when I have the ingredients Tasha used in her version.
I love freshly ground flax SO much, I’m selling whole flax seeds so you can grind your own. That’s right: You can buy organic flax seed in my OpenSky shop – for only $7.49 per pound!!!
“We will ship orders anywhere within the United States and Canada. At this time, we do not ship to other locations. When your order ships, you will receive a shipment notification via email that will include your tracking number.” – OpenSky
HiHoRosie’s Place is giving away an ice cream maker.
And don’t forget to enter my latest contest for a $30 gift certificate from Glass Dharma!
What about you? Are you a “soup person” or do you detest soup? Do you love making a big pot of soup and savoring it day after day, or do you just get a craving for it once in a while and either buy soup from a restaurant so you won’t have leftovers, or eat it out of a can or at someone else’s house?
Raw foodie (purists): Do you splurge on hot soup once in a while during the colder months, or do you stick to raw soups only?
All of you, chime in – I adore reading your thoughts!!
And… I’m planning on posting about raw soup in an upcoming – so stay tuned! Plus, the delivery man has been kind to me and I’m going to give you a sneak peek at what he brought!
Want to keep up with Raw Juice Girl’s adventures + more?
Subscribe to Healing with (Raw) Juices and More for free updates. You can get free updates to your email as well (sign up here). You’ll also receive inspiration, recipes, juice fasting tips and weight loss tips, encouragement to help keep you motivated toward your ultimate health–and more personal posts about stuff that’s going on in my life. Welcome to the family!